When it comes to understanding the psyche it’s often helpful to use many different models. These are posts that deal with it from a shamanic interpretation or similar.
This post is a mirror post of a new navigation page from the drop-down menus at the top of the page. This page has a permanent home under the Healing Arts tab. It will be updated as appropriate on that page.
● Psychiatric drug withdrawal, kundalini and shamanic initiatory illness
● Crash course in urban shamanism
● The descent experience: metaphor for serious illness
● Psychosis, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Story as a Vehicle of Healing
● Soul in Crisis: why cultural healing must replace the “mental illness” fiction
● When we feel depressed, anxious, or distressed, are we mentally ill? Or are we spiritually confused?
● Compassion and the true meaning of empathy
● Why are the strengths and abilities of those who are sensitive called “mental illness?”
● Schizophrenic or shamanic experience?
● Spiritual aspects of psychosis and recovery
● We are all shamans in training
● An Intimate Walk through the Labyrinth of Madness and Mysticism