Fucking up (again and again) is part of the healing process. Every time one realizes and processes a misstep is a victory in mindful awareness.
(and yes, in this framework, we find that there really are no mistakes, but instead simply opportunities to become aware and thus grow and heal)
Once you’re triggered every activity done in that condition is unconscious and generally recreates drama. stop and breathe before acting.
When we are healing from long-term chronic serious illnesses, including protracted psychiatric drug withdrawal syndromes, some misery is to be expected. It has become clear to me that accepting this reality as much as possible rather than fighting it is the preferable way to move through what is undeniably and unavoidably a very difficult process much of the time. Hence practicing surrender also becomes very helpful.
- Information and inspiration for the chronically ill
- (video) 6 yrs psych drug free: How I made it through the darkest times of protracted withdrawal syndrome
My heart is broken. (no nothing new to report…simply experiencing the delicious brokenness that allows openness too)
- I am heartbroken and badass, at once
- Grief is the human angel in the world
- If you’re paying attention your heart breaks regularly
Healing the dysregulated autonomic nervous system as well as auto-immune disorders is like taming a frightened wild animal. It takes time, love and patience.
- Healing is a shocking process: protracted psych drug withdrawal syndrome (iatrogenic brain injury)
- Protracted psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome, chronic illness, CFS, Fibromyalgia. Yeah, they all have things in common.
- Autonomic nervous system dysfunction, protracted psych drug withdrawal, CFS, Fibromyalgia and why I still limit engagement on the internet
- Immune Response is Secondary to Trauma
- Link found between brain, immune system: significant for those with protracted psych drug withdrawal issues
- Autoimmune issues manifest in many ways affecting both mind and body
- Advanced adventures in healing the gut: biofilm eradication
Decaffeinated green tea, marshmallow root powder, raw chocolate powder and green (whole leaf, non-processed stevia powder) … makes for an odd, but delicious neurogenerative beverage (for occasional use only). Yeah, this is what healing looks like for me. I come up with odd medicinal concoctions all the time. I love that part of it…as a foodie it’s what makes this truly an adventure I can enjoy (at least some of the time!).
- Recipe’s etc
- Herbs heal the nervous system (and soul) in profound ways
- Herbal medicine, Extreme States and Transformation
- My growing herb list: healing with plants
- What is Mental Health Herbalism?
And lastly a housekeeping update…for those who wish to subscribe to Beyond Meds:
I’ve had several people tell me they don’t get the wordpress email updates for Beyond Meds. They’re signing up but they don’t come. I’ve put a second option for email subscription on the blog. So if you prefer Feedburner or you’re not getting the emails from wordpress you can sign up. It’s on the right hand side of the blog…scroll down a bit. OR RIGHT HERE It’s right under the wordpress email signup.
For a multitude of ideas about how to create a life filled with safe alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.