I just discovered that defund the police is at least in part being supported because people believe Mental Health Services are actually safer than the police. Unfortunately when drugs are used to chemically restrain people it’s really not much better than being shot at.
At this juncture I’d rather be shot at. I’m not exaggerating I’m sorry if that’s offensive to some people, but its true. There are lots of passively aggressive insanely violent mental health workers who just love shooting people up with neurologically damaging drugs.
People don’t want to hear what’s happening to those of us who’ve actually experienced this. I’ve been brutalized by cops in the name of mental health and I’ve been shot up with drugs and thrown into isolation in the mental health system. Violent unnecessary BS and standard care. (for those who would now discredit me, I’ve spent far longer a time as a social worker in the system watching the violence as a professional….which is why I now speak out)
If you’re not aware of this it’s time you come to understand. Mental “health” care is violent and destabilizing much of the time and it’s widely denied. Coercion, subtle or otherwise, is the rule in psychiatric care…if you want more info there is a lot on this site.
Please share what you learn as widely as possible. Do it in your own words and use any site you come across if you don’t want to use this one. Just get the info out there.
The bigotry and violence directed at those determined to be mentally unfit is off the charts and largely unrecognized in mainstream society.
Black people have it worse than white people do in the system…this is not a deflection from #BlackLivesMatter. Most mental health professionals are in denial and go along with the violence. We must be aware of these embedded patriarchal systems if we hope to protect the most vulnerable in our society.
- UN report states that involuntary treatment of those with psychiatric labels is torture
- In honor of the woman I witnessed being tortured in a psych ward
- Forced treatment isn’t the answer
- Forced Psychotropic Drugs, Assertive Community Treatment, (in-home forced treatment)
- WNUSP statement on the Implications of the CRPD on Forced Treatment
- It’s open season on people with psych labels…please take heed and help educate the dangerously ignorant
- The chill of forced incarceration and psychiatric “care” (otherwise known as gun control??)
- Demands that it be easier to involuntarily commit the mentally ill are knee-jerk and irrational
- (against involuntary “treatment”) The reflexive call for fewer liberties: by Glenn Greenwald who remains lucid in the chaos
- Robert Whitaker’s response to E. Fuller Torrey. About the rationale for forced psychiatric treatment
- My Forced Psychiatric “Treatment”
- This is how mental health professionals argue against INFORMED CONSENT and support lying to those they serve (new)
- Coercion, subtle or otherwise, is the rule in psychiatric care…
- See also: Healing trauma links
- Do people recover and thrive after being told they cannot by psychiatry? Yes we do. All the time.
for a multitude of ideas about how to create a life filled with safe alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.
Support Everything Matters: Beyond Meds. Make a donation with PayPal