These are not complete or exhaustive lists. I’m simply sharing this for illustrative purposes without a whole lot of commentary. Suffice it to say a lot of people develop severe sensitivities (including food) when they withdraw from psychiatric drugs. It’s a possible manifestation of the challenged and injured autonomic nervous system. More information about food sensitivities and healing from them is included in the links at the bottom of this post.
Substances/foods that used to make me trip like I was on acid (and no, I’m not exaggerating) that I can now ingest:
- Chocolate (raw unsweetened)
- Nigella Sativa (black seed oil and whole seed)
- Holy Basil (tulsi) tea
- Reishi Mushrooms
- Mugwort tea
Substances/foods that used to make me want to die (made me really really sick and/or covered in hives etc) that I can now ingest:
- Fish oil
- Sauerkraut (ferments in general)
All the listed foods and substances are exceedingly helpful in various ways in supporting and healing my immune system now. I AM HEALING. My body is accepting what it needs to heal. Food is medicine and springtime is grand.
- Heal with whole foods: transform body/mind/spirit. Heal drug damage too
- Food and diet for profound healing
- Healing isn’t a choice for me — it’s an imperative; my body is in charge
- Shades of awakening interview: food sensitivities and the psyche
- Histamine intolerance round-up
Eating wholesome whole real food is important for body/mind/spirit health and well-being. I’ve written a lot about my adventure with diet and healing here: Nutrition and gut health, Mental health and diet
And you can find more Foodie posts and recipes here.
For a multitude of ideas about how to create safe and healthy alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.