Jon Kabat-Zinn explains that accepting our bodies as they are isn’t so hard when you recognize how amazing they truly are, and that befriending them can do you a lot of good. This was part of a talk put on by UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center.
More Jon Kabat-Zinn on Beyond Meds
Not being into fixing is a very important idea. And it makes me think of the post about the book: There is nothing wrong with you.
More on Beyond Meds about healing our body/mind/spirit through becoming conscious of the body:
● Trauma, Fixation and Reactivity – (Somatic Experience)
● ”When you put the psyche in motion it heals itself.” (embodiment)
● The body releases trauma and restores goodness
● The healing journey revealed (trauma and transformation)
● Trauma is often held in the body and experienced as chronic pain
● Trauma release exercises (or tension release too) — the body speaks
● Trauma and the body: an audio with Will Hall and links to more info
You must be logged in to post a comment.