First posted at Crazywisefilm.com
Over the past 30 years, the broken brain and chemical imbalance theory of “mental illness” has had mixed results at best. While sales of psychoactive pharmaceuticals have increased 8000%, suicide and mental health disability rates in the US have also shot up.
It’s time we rethink madness. Are there spiritual aspects to mental illness? Is psychosis related to spiritual enlightenment or shamanism? Is there a relationship between shamanism, spiritual enlightenment and psychosis? Are these just breakdowns, or can they be breakthroughs?
CRAZYWISE film in collaboration with Shades of Awakening invites you to a live discussion about how we can bring change to the current paradigm that governs the diagnosis and treatment of severe mental emotional distress.
It’s time to shift the conversation, in our homes, in our hospitals and in our communities.
Join host Dabney Alix of Shades of Awakening for a live discussion and Q&A with panelists Gabor Mate, Robert Whitaker, Will Hall, Ekhaya Esima and CRAZYWISE director Phil Borges.
Your email used for registration will not be shared with anyone!
Let’s come together to reframe the experience called ‘mental illness’
- Discover ways you can use your influence, passion and voice to make real change.
- Engage in live discussions with our panelists and Ekhaya Esima, a main subject in the film.
Panelists joining us include:
- Healing psychosis: stories, information and resources
- The Shamanic-like nature of consciousness
- Spiritual emergency: one way of interpreting activity of the psyche that is often labeled psychotic