I think of my “path” in many different ways. This is just one and I don’t spend a lot of time with it…though it’s a frame that helps … as some sort of foundation along with many others. I quite enjoyed coming up with these alterations to the original.
1. We admitted we were powerless — we have no ultimate control over anything and this body will die one day. We are fighting this fact in one way or another. This fight is insane because it’s in contradiction to reality.
2. Came to believe that Nature could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to life-force as we understand it
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
5 Shared our pain/trauma with life-force, ourselves, and with friends.
6. Were entirely ready to have life-force transform all our trauma.
7. Humbly asked that our blind spots be removed.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would hurt them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were unskillful, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought to improve our conscious contact with life-force through meditation and prayer that we might walk in alignment with all of life by being exactly who and what we are in every moment.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of this practice. We carry this message simply by example and feel no need to tell anyone anything about how we got here unless they ask and actually want to know.
for a multitude of ideas about how to create a life filled with safe alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.
Support Everything Matters: Beyond Meds. Make a donation with PayPal
Wow this is just amazing, and came at the perfect time for me. I have just started an online program to help me heal from so-called chronic fatigue syndrome, which is in large part I think actually psychiatric medication damage. A large part of the program is learning to be back in my body. I can’t really explain it any better at this time other than to say these 12-steps resonate and speak to that, for me. I have to read it several more times to fully ingest and let the meaning settle in. Thank you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
you’re welcome…so glad it’s helpful. good to see you’re still around. 😊
Lol yes I’m still around — I apologize if I offended with the recent comment about the website new name. It was clumsily expressed and not supposed to be insulting, then I also probably misunderstood your response too.