Hello, terror, my old friend…
I was born into a home filled with terror and grief. Terror and grief, thus, became the most familiar thing in my reality. (this terror and grief was largely unconscious and unspoken, so uncovering it took the willingness to honestly look at what was really there) And to be clear: we are all born into a world filled with terror and grief.
Healing is as simple as deeply recognizing and feeling that first, most primal fear, while holding space for the infant who had no means to cope.
Of course, healing is also as *complicated* as all that …
yet, the recognition of fear and how that becomes embodied and thus shapes a lifetime of grief, illness and pain can lead to freedom…
See: Feel the feeling
And more related:
- What if grief is the natural order of things, a way of loving life anyway?
- Terror wants to be integrated
- Fear and anxiety: coping, reframing, transforming… – anxiety is another word for terror
- Chronic illness is trauma embodied
- The disembodied mess we’re in
For a multitude of ideas about how to create a life filled with safe alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.