Owning my pain. Once its owned it loses its power. Pain is a neutral sensation. It is impersonal and part of being in a body. Pain is not only a neutral sensation but when experienced as such, in clarity, it offers pure data. Wordless info that only the body can convey.
Posts from the archives to help us think about pain (at much greater length than the above little contemplation):
- Let your pain speak
- The hurt and pained bully and love
- How do you exercise when you’re in pain?
- Depression as pain
- It gets better: Dyesthesias — abnormal pain from psych drug withdrawal
- You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented
- A way to be on this earth and not shy away from the pain
- Adventures in natural pain relief
For a multitude of ideas about how to create a life filled with safe alternatives to psychiatric drugs visit the drop-down menus at the top of this page.