There is a dance that only you know how to do, says Gabriel Roth…the woman who popularized the ecstatic dance movement.
This post holds a collection of works on music, sound and dance healing practices. Lots of videos included. Have fun!
We each possess a fierce wisdom that only comes from within. To practice getting out of its way, getting into our groove and stripping away the things that are blocking its blossoming is our medicine. Taking refuge from the world of doing to truly connect with our deepest self, to hook up to the divine force that moves all things and become deeply rooted in the mysterious workings of our inner worlds, is holy work that feeds the soul.
More ECSTATIC DANCE HERE — a sample from that collection here: “Everyone here is a freak, just like me” — (Ecstatic Dance)
More posts on music, sound and dance healing:
A collection of posts with suggestions for music and sound healing:
New: Chill…a playlist
More sounds for the soul from Beyond Meds:
- Heart Meditation with Tibetan Bowls
- OM — healing, soothing, transformative sounds (for me can also end migraines)
- Sound healing concert
- More shamanic dancing and music (or if you want to be clinical, dance and sound therapy)
- Dance meditation, shamanic ecstasy: healing arts. (or get your 26 minutes of bliss, right here, right now FREE download)
- The sound of one hand clapping
- “Hypersensitivity” has its good points (chanting om)
- Tracks of very soothing healing sound technology for download (good for anxiety, sleeplessness and can assist meditation)
- Up for some cathartic, shamanic-like dancing?
- 24 hours of happy!! CELEBRATE
More on moving/dancing/shaking for healing:
- I can feel both dance and music changing and healing my brain’s neurons
- Kundalini Dance – Tantric Shamanic Dance Journey
- Shaking medicine
- ”When you put the psyche in motion it heals itself.” (embodiment)
- Ecstatic dance as practice: there is a dance that only you know how to do
- There is Big Medicine in Everyone