From Madness Radio:
Could a young man’s overwhelming visions of Christ and apocalypse be a creative response to life trauma, rather than signs of paranoid schizophrenia? Does madness unfold differently depending on whether it is supported – or feared? Irish activist and punk musician Grainne Humphrys, herself a survivor of an extreme state, discusses the campaign for the release of former partner John Hunt. John has been incarcerated and drugged against his will since 2005, sparking international outcry.
● The Morning Show With Sybil & Martin & Gráinne Humphrys & John McCarthy
** the petition Grainne mentions at Mad Pride Ireland
Audio from Madness Radio:
To download this interview visit Madness Radio.
More on Beyond Meds by or about Grainne Humphry and John Hunt:
● Behind the Walls part 1: Ireland’s psychiatric hospitals, yesterday and (part 2) today
● Hope, Time and Love; three guardian angels: Alternative Routes to Recovery
● Acknowledging The Survivor: Exclusion, Trivialisation and Denial
● Today in Ireland John Hunt’s story of psychiatric abuse captures the nation…
● Moving Away from the Psychiatric Paradigm: The Importance of Supports and the Emergence of the Wellness Models
You must be logged in to post a comment.