This opens with a lovely poem and looks like a really wonderful and important film. Below I’ve included a list posts that consider our contaminated food supply with all it’s implications to our health and well-being.
Today in the United States, by the simple acts of feeding ourselves, we are unwittingly participating in the largest experiment ever conducted on human beings. Each of us unknowingly consumes genetically engineered food on a daily basis. The risks and effects to our health and the environment are largely unknown. Yet more and more studies are being conducted around the world, which only provide even more reason for concern. We are the oblivious guinea pigs for wide-scale experimentation of modern biotechnology.
GMO OMG tells the story of a father’s discovery of GMOs in relationship to his three young children and the world around him. We still have time to heal the planet, feed the world, and live sustainably. But we have to start now! (GMO FILM)
More posts from Beyond Meds on the nature of our contaminated food supply:
- The fight to label GMOs ( #foodie Friday)
- Eating real whole food is important to our mental and physical wellbeing
- America wants GMOs labeled: we have a right to know
- Organics: know what you’re buying. Agribusiness owns lots of them
- Food MythBusters — Do we really need industrial agriculture to feed the world?
- Genetic Roulette – The Gamble of our Lives
- How do genetically engineered crops affect humans and animals? No one knows
Eating wholesome whole real food is important for body/mind/spirit health and well-being. I’ve written a lot about my adventure with diet and healing here: Nutrition and gut health, Mental health and diet
And you can find more Foodie Friday posts and recipes here.