Children and trauma…many traumatic events may not be obvious to all adults. Learn to protect your kids.
“Developmental trauma, or ambient trauma, is trauma that is just everyday life. It’s in the neighborhood, it’s in the household…”
“It’s very easy for adults to dismiss the profound impact that a traumatic event can have on a child because very often, they will do most things pretty well.”
More excerpts on youtube from Trauma, Brain and Relationship: Helping Children Heal
A few posts on Beyond Meds that look at how childhood trauma can affect mental and physical health for one’s whole life:
● The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
● Childhood trauma once again linked to mental health issues in adulthood
● The Toxic Stress of Early Childhood Adversity (trauma)
● The legacy of childhood trauma
● PTSD versus a post traumatic response
You must be logged in to post a comment.